NoomNoom has developed a reputation for helping countless people change their lives, hit their target weights, and make real, long-term decisions about who they want to be and how they want to become that person. If you're willing to put in the effort, Noom can give you the results you're looking for.
- Great value for money
- Can truly help you hit your goals
- Best weight loss coach app
- Best Weight Loss Coach App
- Great value for money
- Helps you hit your goals
- Great compatibility with fitness trackers and devices
#1 - Menu
Back to the top ↑
#2 - Overview
So what exactly is Noom? Well, it’s not a meal delivery service, nor is it a strict diet guide, telling you which foods to eat and which to avoid. Instead, it’s a complete weight loss app that you can download for Android and iOS devices that is designed to help you hit your own personal goals by making better decisions about the foods you eat and the way you live.Back to the top ↑
#3 - How Does It Work?
A hugely popular Weight Watchers alternative, Noom is trusted by tens of millions of users worldwide and has helped countless of them hit their target weights or even exceed their initial expectations. The basic concept of Noom is built on the notion that so many traditional diets and weight loss fads simply don’t work.
You can follow strict meal plans, order your own meal delivery kits, take supplements and shakes, and much more, and you might get some great results in the process, but they won’t change your ingrained habits like social eating, boredom eating, binge eating, and so on.
In order to truly eliminate these emotional triggers and change your actual attitude towards eating, you need to delve deep into your lifestyle, and Noom can help you do that. It’s filled up with behavior modification material and built from the ground up to transform people’s views on diets, weight, fitness, health, life, and themselves, and this is where Noom really shines.
Many of its users report that they’d tried countless other weight loss options in the past but never found anything that got to the root of their problems and truly changed their thinking quite like Noom did.Back to the top ↑
#4 - Features
In terms of what you actually get in the Noom app, which works on multiple devices with ease, you’ll find a whole host of features once you open it up and give it a try. Here are some examples:
- Food logging – The Noom app lets you log in the foods you eat each day, making real lists of your diet to see exactly what you’re eating and track your dietary habits more directly.
- Exercise logging – Noom also lets you track the amount of exercise you get each day or week, and you can sync other devices like Fitbit to help with this.
- Weight logging – The Noom app also lets you record your weight on a daily basis, if you like, to keep track of any changes and fluctuations as you start making changes to your lifestyle.
- Behavior change education program – One of the key features that really make Noom different from so many other weight loss apps is its library of behavior modification articles you can read on a daily basis. They’re fun, lighthearted, easy to read, and super effective too.
- Food color system – Noom has a green/yellow/red food color system to help you categorize and understand the nutritional levels of the foods you consume. Nothing is off-limits with Noom, and you’re absolutely allowed to have your favorite snacks and drinks, in moderation. The color-coding system works great to help you quickly and easily see which foods are contributing to your current weight and where you can make changes to improve.
- Check-ins – Noom also has a personal coaching system with one-on-one check-ins with your own weight loss coach. Noom has a team of specialists including registered dietitians, physiologists, social workers, personal trainers, and other experts who fulfill these coaching roles, checking in with you each week to discuss your progress, see if you’ve been hitting your goals, and to set new goals for the week to come.
- Group chats – There are also group chats where you can learn about other users and their experiences with Noom. This can be a fun way for users to motivate each other, share stories, communicate, and support one another too.
- Recipes – Noom also comes with a long list of healthy and tasty recipes you can try to cook from home if you’re looking for ways to get more ‘green’ ingredients into your daily diet.
- Saved articles – You can also find a folder filled up with motivational articles you’ve chosen to save to your account to re-read again later on.
#5 - Cost
When you first try to sign up for Noom, you’ll fill out a quiz and answer a bunch of questions about yourself, your current diet and weight situation, how much you’d like to weigh, and some other targets in terms of behavioral changes and lifestyle shifts. From there, Noom will use its own algorithms to develop a tailor-made course just for you and give you your monthly cost to get started.
Pricing starts at $59 per month for Noom, but you can get discounts on that if you commit to a longer period of time, all the way down to under $200 per year for the annual plans, with additional discounts available for referring friends and a 7-day trial for new users too. Some users can question the price at first, but when you look at the number of features, the constant support, and the real effects of using this app, you start to see just how much value it has.Back to the top ↑
#6 - Conclusion
Overall, Noom is one of the best weight loss apps available right now, because it really does get results. It doesn’t simply push you to follow a strict meal plan or only eat certain foods; instead, it guides you towards making better dietary decisions and more sensible lifestyle choices, acting like a personal trainer, dietitian, wellness guru, and accountability buddy all-in-one.Back to the top ↑