HelloFreshHelloFresh? It should be named HelloFresh, Tasty, and Cheap! This meal-delivery plan has made its way to Australia. How does it compare to other meal delivery services? This review is going to dig into that very question. By the end of this review, you will be certain whether HelloFresh is the meal service for you (and probably hungry). HelloFresh delivers fresh ingredients and easy-to-follow recipes to your door each week so you can cook quick, balanced, and wholesome meals the whole household will love. Whether you're cooking for two or feeding a hungry horde, there is a plan to suit you! Choose from our Classic, Veggie, or Family plans and enjoy the option to swap meals for your perfect menu with our flexible plans.
- Choose from 18 new recipes weekly
- Dinner in 30 minutes
- Dietitian-approved meals that you'll actually enjoy
- Choose from 20+ new recipes every week
- Delicious recipes and all Fresh ingredients
- Dinner ready in 30 minutes
- Skip a week or cancel at any time
#1 - Menu
What I liked most about it:
- Generally, we don’t all have time to be cooking meals. And, we’re not all gifted at creating tasteful recipes – which can quickly ruin what would have been a nice dinner party. Enter, HelloFresh with their fresh ingredients – step-by-step recipes – that are super-quick to make. Who thought creating tasty meals would be so easy?
- Forget about traveling to a supermarket and waiting in queues to buy ingredients. HelloFresh delivers straight to your front door. And of course, all ingredients are as fresh as you can imagine.
- Another thing, we get bored with the same healthy food every day, right? Well, it doesn’t have to be that way! HelloFresh has flexible plans so you can custom create meals that YOU want. Perfect for keeping your own tailored menu exciting.
- All this service comes packed into one simple-to-use mobile app. With the touch of a button, you can mix and match ingredients. As well as changing your delivery days etc. Eating healthy has never been so easy.
#2 - Services Offered
When checking out a meal delivery service, there is a checklist that it needs to meet. Let’s see how HelloFresh does at meeting this checklist.Back to the top ↑
#3 - Delicious Recipes
HelloFresh certainly delivers in this area. There menu consists of a variety of recipes that are full of flavor. The ingredients delivered to your door are fresh, giving your food the tastiest flavor. Their menu includes recipes such as Bacon, Broccolini, and Feta Fusilli, Jamaican Jerk Salmon and roasted veggies, and Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breast with truffle and porcini baked risotto and rocket salad. (Say that three times real fast!)
You don’t need to worry about eating the same meal over and over. HelloFresh gives you 18 meals to choose from each week and they are always coming up with new and unique recipes to offer you.Back to the top ↑
#4 - Convenience
Because HelloFresh is delivered right to your door with all the necessary ingredients to cook all its recipes, the convenience is abundant. You won’t have to go shopping for your ingredients, which can be a hassle. It’s horrible waiting in line at the supermarket.
You won’t have to worry about making up a menu for the week. All you do is pick from HelloFresh’s recipe line up. Going out to eat could be a possibility but its just so expensive and not very healthy.
The Classic box now contains veggie options for those who want to have less meat per week, which add another flexibility to this service.Back to the top ↑
#3 - Nutritious and Healthy
Speaking of healthy, HelloFresh always delivers a well-balanced meal with a good ratio of protein, carbs, and fat. They always include fresh vegetables and lean meats. Their portions are filling but just right for a sensible diet. You won’t be overeating on this plan because of huge portions.
The recipes are created by Australian Masterchef, Tom Rutledge and he believes in using simple, healthy ingredients. He makes healthy recipes by using plenty of spices and herbs to give flavor, not fat. He also understands the struggle of cooking at home with little time, so his recipes are meant to be cooked in 30 minutes or less.Back to the top ↑
#6 - Ease of Use
Becoming a HelloFresh customer is super simple. All you need to do is choose which meal plan is asking you to take it home. There are three to choose from; classic, vegetarian, and the family plan.
Based on your choice of box, you have your choice of the number of recipes each week and amount of servings per recipe. With the classic plan you can choose 3, 4, or 5 recipes per week with 2 or 4 servings per recipe. The family plan always comes with 4 servings, but you can get 3, 4, or 5 recipes each week. The vegetarian options are 3 or 4 recipes with 2 or 4 servings per recipe.
Once you’ve made all your choices, all you need to do is sit back and wait! You’ll soon have fresh ingredients delivered right to your door with colour recipe cards with easy to follow step-by-step instructions.
Back to the top ↑
#7 - Price
With the offer of $90 off (the first box is $30 discount as it includes the $9.99 delivery free) this meal plan is very affordable.
Considering all the time and money you’ll be saving by not having to buy groceries at the supermarket, this is a steal!Back to the top ↑