Snap KitchenMeal delivery services are becoming increasingly popular with people all across the US, and Snap Kitchen is one of the industry's biggest names. Famed for offering healthy and convenient meals that can be prepared in a matter of minutes, this meal delivery company has a lot to offer, but are they worth your time and money? Read our full Snap Kitchen review to find out.
- Pick from a variety of healthy & never frozen meals
- Cooked and prepped by chefs, ready to eat in 3 minutes
- Contains zero preservatives, antibiotics, artificial sweeteners, hormones etc.
- Weekly subscriptions available, skip/cancel anytime
#1 - Snap Kitchen Overview
So what do you need to know about Snap Kitchen? Well, before we look at key features like menus and pricing, let’s focus on a general history and introduction to the company itself; Snap Kitchen was founded back in 2010 in Austin, Texas.
The company was created by Martin Benson with the main aim of providing tasty, healthy, convenient food to people all across the country.
It’s a prepared meal delivery service, meaning that the meals are all pre-made for you and ready to go, with no cooking or preparation really required apart from heating up the food and serving it with plates and bowls.
The company employs experienced chefs to prepare its meals, makes them fresh every day, and even has a dietitian team to analyze the quality and nutritional value of each recipe before adding to its rotating menus.
There are several different meal plans for Snap Kitchen subscribers to choose from, and you can even create your own custom plan if you prefer, with both 6 and 12-meal bundles available and a lot of different entrée choices to choose between every single week.
#2 - Snap Kitchen Menus and Plans
When you first sign up for a new Snap Kitchen account, you’ll be able to choose between two different quantities of meals – either six meals a week or 12 meals a week, depending on your needs.
After that, you’ll get access to the full menu, ready to customize your next delivery box with all your favorites or foods you’d like to try.
This is where Snap Kitchen really gets interesting, as it divides its menu up into lots of different categories to suit people with different dietary needs and preferences, including:
- Balance – The Balance section is filled with meals that are designed to be well-balanced, with a nice mixture of protein, vegetables, and carbs to fill all of your dietary needs. Examples include Baked Ziti with Italian Beef Sausage, as well as Naked Beef with Roasted Cauliflower and Green Beans.
- High Protein – Perfect for the muscle addicts and bodybuilders out there, the High Protein section of Snap Kitchen contains meals that are really rich in protein, perfect for active individuals who work out a lot. Examples include Bison Quinoa Bowl with Peppers & Onions, as well as Romesco Chicken with Grilled Kale & Mushrooms.
- Keto Friendly – The Keto Friendly section is the place where you can find meals that are compatible with a keto diet, such as Herb Chicken with Mediterranean Sauce & Green Beans or Tuscan Kale Salad with Garlic Butter Shrimp. These meals are perfect for people who want to lead a keto lifestyle.
- Low Carb – If you’re looking to lose weight or reduce your intake of carbs, the Low Carb section the Snap Kitchen menu contains all you need to get started. It’s filled with recipes that are very low in carbohydrates, such as Turkey Meatloaf with Potato-Turnip Mash, as well as Honey Dijon Roasted Chicken with Tricolor Potatoes and Peas.
- Paleo – The Paleo section is filled with meals that are suitable for people who are following a paleo diet or want to test out a paleo lifestyle. Examples of these meals include Cod Piccata with Garlic-Roasted Cauliflower and Cajun Salmon with Braised Greens & Bacon.
- Whole 30 – If you’re following the Whole30 program, which is a 30-day diet focusing on whole foods and minimizing your intake of sugar, alcohol, soy, and dairy, you can choose from any of the Whole 30 meals at Snap Kitchen, like Mongolian Beef with Sesame Broccoli.
#3 - Delivery
There are a few different delivery options with Snap Kitchen. If you’re near a physical snap kitchen location or Whole Foods store, you can actually arrange to pick up your meals in person. Otherwise, you can opt for FedEx Shipping. Regardless of the option you pick, delivery is always free with Snap Kitchen.↑
#4 - Customer Service
If you need any help with your Snap Kitchen subscription, you can contact the team via either email or phone. Responses are quick and friendly, and Snap Kitchen makes it really easy to adjust orders, cancel your subscription, or skip a delivery as necessary. The site also has extensive guides and FAQs to cover the most common issues and questions.↑
#5 - Conclusion
Overall, Snap Kitchen is by far one of the better meal delivery services out there, with decent pricing, great quality meals, lots of different options to suit everyone, although it is lacking in a few areas like vegan and vegetarian meals.↑