Snap KitchenMeal delivery services are becoming increasingly popular across the US, and Snap Kitchen is one of the industry's biggest names. Known for offering healthy and convenient meals that can be prepared in a matter of minutes, this meal delivery company has a lot to offer. But are they worth your time and money? Read our full Snap Kitchen review to find out.
- Variety Of Healthy & Never Frozen Meals
- Cooked & prepped by chefs, ready to eat in 3 min
- Contains zero preservatives, antibiotics, artificial sweeteners, hormones etc.
- Weekly subscriptions, skip/cancel anytime
#1 - Snap Kitchen Overview
Snap Kitchen was founded back in 2010 in Austin, Texas by Martin Benson to provide tasty, healthy, convenient food.
It’s a prepared meal delivery service, meaning that the meals are all pre-made and ready to go, with no cooking or preparation required apart from heating the food.
The company employs experienced chefs to prepare its meals, makes them fresh every day, and even has a dietitian team to analyze each recipe’s quality and nutritional value.
There are several different meal plans for Snap Kitchen subscribers to choose from, with both six and 12-meal bundles available. Snap Kitchen also gives customers the ability to create customized meal plans.
#2 - Snap Kitchen Menus and Plans
When you first sign up for a new Snap Kitchen account, you’ll be able to choose between two different quantities of meals – either six meals a week or 12 meals a week, depending on your needs.
After that, you’ll get access to the full menu, ready to customize your next delivery box with all your favorites or foods you’d like to try.
This is where Snap Kitchen really gets interesting, as it divides its menu up into different categories to suit people with different dietary needs and preferences, including:
- Balance – The Balance section is filled with meals that are designed to be well-balanced, with a nice mixture of protein, vegetables, and carbs to fill all of your dietary needs. Examples include Baked Ziti with Italian Beef Sausage and Naked Beef with Roasted Cauliflower and Green Beans.
- High Protein – Perfect for the fitness addicts and bodybuilders out there, the High Protein section of Snap Kitchen contains meals rich in protein. Examples include Bison Quinoa Bowl with Peppers & Onions and Romesco Chicken with Grilled Kale & Mushrooms.
- Keto Friendly – The Keto Friendly section is where you can find meals that are compatible with a keto diet, such as Herb Chicken with Mediterranean Sauce & Green Beans or Tuscan Kale Salad with Garlic Butter Shrimp.
- Low Carb – If you’re looking to lose weight or reduce your intake of carbs, the Low Carb section of the Snap Kitchen menu contains all you need to get started. It’s filled with recipes that are very low in carbohydrates, such as Turkey Meatloaf with Potato-Turnip Mash and Honey Dijon Roasted Chicken with Tricolor Potatoes and Peas.
- Paleo – The Paleo section is filled with meals suitable for people who are following a paleo diet or want to test out a paleo lifestyle. Examples of these meals include Cod Piccata with Garlic-Roasted Cauliflower and Cajun Salmon with Braised Greens & Bacon.
- Whole 30 – If you’re following the Whole30 program, a 30-day diet focusing on whole foods and minimizing your intake of sugar, alcohol, soy, and dairy, you can choose from any Whole 30 meals at Snap Kitchen like Mongolian Beef with Sesame Broccoli.
#3 - Delivery
There are a few different delivery options with Snap Kitchen. If you’re near a physical location or Whole Foods store, you can arrange to pick up your meals in person. Otherwise, you can opt for FedEx Shipping. Regardless of the option you pick, delivery is always free.↑
#4 - Customer Service
If you need any help with your subscription, you can contact the team via email or phone. Responses are quick and friendly, and Snap Kitchen makes it easy to adjust orders, skip a delivery, or cancel your subscription. The site also has extensive guides and FAQs to cover the most common issues and questions.↑
#5 - Conclusion
Overall, Snap Kitchen is one of the better meal delivery services out there, with decent pricing, great quality meals, lots of different options. However, it lacks in a few areas like vegan and vegetarian meals.↑